Friday, July 16, 2010

Pain Killers Are a Good Thing

Pain killers are a good thing; especially when someone is recovering from major surgery. If someone who is recovering from said surgery does not take pain killers it could result in an emotional meltdown. How do I know? I know due to the fact that I am the said someone. Today is a better day. I took pain killers. Yay for modern medicine! I may hate the fact that I have a colostomy bag for at least 2 more months, but at least I have people to remind me that the end result is what I am looking forward to. I will be Ulcerative Colitis free. I will be able to go for walks, exercise, and do other stuff. I need to make a short mantra that I can repeat to myself when I am having melt downs.

Other than the realization that pain killers are a good thing, I realized one other thing as I was drifting off to sleep last night. This realization saddened me a great deal. I forgot the one being that could comfort me beyond any human being, God…. I forgot… how could I forget?

I have never been one who was good a devotionals and spending time in the word. But I have always been a prayer. I am ashamed to say that I have not done so in far too long (other than last night). I have felt empty and alone. That is not a good feeling, and not a necessary one. God is the one person who can remove all of those things.

So, what do I do? I refocus, I take this time that I have and turn it too Him. I do not have to work and I really can’t do too much around the house yet. This is a gift. I am going to use it.

2 comments:

Kathie Haddon said...

So very happy for your realization!! He truly is the only one that is with us always and has the power to help when we need it!! I will continue to be praying for you as you heal!!!

Christie said...

Oh, girl. I just want you to know that I love you and I am praying for you!

Followers