Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A New Chapter

A new chapter is about to open in my life. I say 'about' but really it will not happen for another four months, but the 'ball is rolling' on a major change.

I have a condition called Ulcerative Colitis in which, well lets just say alot of unpleasent things can occur when I am having a flare up.

I have been batteling this disease for the past 11 years (I could not believe that it had been that long since I was diagnosed). It has never been under control, which makes life a little difficult.

The new chapter is that I am going to have surgery to 'fix' or 'remove' the problem. Overall it is not going to be the most enjoyable process, but, once the two surgerys are complete, I will be able to function 'normally' which will be a wonderful thing.

June 23rd is the day that is slated for the surgery (tenative at this moment). But I just wanted to keep those who know updated, and those who don't know I wanted to let you all know....

If this sounds a bit disjointed, it is due to the fact that I think I got maybe 5 hours of sleep last night (in two small chuncks due to a teething little boy)....

No comments:

Followers