Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanks Giving


This morning as I sit here, baking my pumpkin pie and playing my favorite Christmas album, I am reminded of the one thing that should overshadow anything else I should be thankful for.  Jesus Christ! He is my savoir. He is the one reason that I can wake up every morning, whether it is with cheery attitude, or in the grumpy state of mind that has pervaded of late.  Being sick as dragged me down, which makes this morning’s Christmas music an even bigger deal.  “When the God of glory who is full of mercy sent His Son”….to save us;  WOW-  Me … this puny person with a stinky attitude was blessed by God by sending his Son to sacrifice himself for ME.  What greater gift.  What greater thing do we have to be thankful for?

A tradition I want to start, a part from the yummy food traditions of turkey, stuffing, mom’s cabbage rolls and pumpkin.  That tradition will be something that will remind us of who we are IN HIM.  I want everything I do, not only this holiday season but every day, to reflect HIS glory.  I want to instill that in my child.  He may only be almost 3, but it what I teach him from day one that will matter.  I want him to understand the grace of God, and the love of God. Over at Simple Mom, Tsh shared the homemade advent calendar that she is making for her children.  I intend on taking that and making it my own, as we move from Thanksgiving to Christmas, those cards will have blessing that God has given us, and blessing that we can give to others. As the years go bye, things will grow on that list, and I am so looking forward to sharing those with my son.

I pray for each and every one of you who read this to remember what God has done for you.  It will be different for each of us beyond his saving grace. But record those things, if only for you to pull out on the grumpy days, to remember the amazing Gift that God is to all of us.


1 comment:

Christie said...

Thank you girl! You blessed me big!

Followers