Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Making God time more important than Me time

What about God time? As a Christian mom it is so easy to just go about my busy day wondering when I can have a little “Me Time” throwing out little prayers to God as I go about my day. I often forget that he wants to spend time with me, feeding me spiritually and emotionally. They days and weeks go by, and I wonder why I feel drained. I am praying, right? I occasionally read a devotional… but the days between those readings can be more than I care to share. What is wrong? The answer, I am not taking God time.

What does this mean to me? It means that I sit, quietly, listening… listening. Those prayers that I throw up to him are not what I am talking about. God is not there to just answer our prayers; he is there to renew us.

I need not ask why I forget this, but what I can do to fix it. I have yet to find the right fit for me. So, readers, what works for you, or if you haven’t found the right fit for you, what are you trying to do to fix it? God is awesome; he is big (bigger than the boggy man according to Veggie Tales). He can fix our problems, so one of those prayers I throw out during my day will be to help me find the time, or maybe a better word is ‘make’ the time.

How do you make the time?

No comments:

Followers