Wednesday, August 17, 2011

God Is Good

This past week has been rough… but one thing hit me tonight, smack in the face. God is SO good.

He will take one small thing and teach you a lesson from it, often referring back to things from your week that reinforces everything.

Tonight I was watching a dvr’d “What not to Wear” one of my favorite shows. I have often dreamt of being on this show. And God, in is all knowing way spoke to me in many, many ways. This woman, who had been a hard partier, and alcoholic, even with two small children, decided one day that she had to change her ways, that what she was doing was not fair to her husband and children. She quit drinking and partying and chose to focus on her family, somewhere in that process she lost her self. She dressed in such a way that indicated that she was not confident in this new life, and that she did not love her life, her job or herself. This was sad… and looking at her she looked depressed, and she was. Loosing herself was hard, she was glad that she had changed the bad ways, and become a healthier person, but she was not glad that she had lost her identity. She stopped giving herself time as punishment for taking the time she had already taken partying and drinking.

Through her transformation she realized that if she took time for herself, she was better at those things she had made the sacrifices for; being a mom, wife and good employee.

There were several things that God was teaching me through this. 1. That I need to take time for myself. This led to me spending my much needed time in the tub, with Lori Line playing on my iphone. As I sat soaking in the tub, listening to this music, it took me back to my late teens. Those days when you dream about everything you hope to become. You have no idea what life is going to bring you… will you be a famous chef/author/actress. Will you meet the most amazing man who will take you away on his valiant steed? Christie, we spent so many days and nights dreaming… wishing…. For a life that would some day come. We were such romantics…. But nothing, and I mean nothing compares to reality, the dirty diapers, the sleepless nights, and then it is followed by those wet kisses and warm snuggles.

Life never is what you expect it to be… but it is what you make of it. I dreamt so many things that I can’t even remember what they were, but the facts are there. And I am determined to make from them the beautiful life that God has right there for me.

The second thing that God was pushing on me was that I can make a difference in women’s lives with the opportunity he gave me through Mary Kay. Every time I watch What not to Wear, I am impressed with the changes that come over these women The confidence that is instilled in many of them. I even have said that making yourself beautiful makes you feel beautiful. This woman, who had transformed her life for the better was happy in many ways, but not happy with herself. She was transformed by the change in her style. She gained Confidence. It is sad that we put so much stock in how we look, but due to the fall, it is a part of who we are. Taking time, and care with our bodies not only instills confidence, it allows us to be more than we ever thought we could be. Waking up and taking care of you first, as a mom especially, is the most important thing we could do for 1. God, 2. Ourselves. 3 our families. I am going to make a difference. I am not sure, as I type this, how that will play out. But God has placed a goldmine in my hands, and I am obligated to use that Gold mine in one way or another. This Gold mine is not just Mary Kay, it is my ability to write, it is my ability to mold the small boy into a Godly Man, it is my ability to be the best wife I know how…. He has placed a Gold mine in everyone’s life… USE IT. Take the time needed to find out what that is TODAY, because it is an ever-changing thing. But most importantly, to all you moms out there, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF FIRST. If that means waking up before your family to get that shower in, DO IT. Do not give in to what the world says is… God says something far different, LISTEN to him.

2 comments:

Jaylene said...

Well written friend.

Polly said...

It is awesome when we hear God speak into our lives,especially when we act upon it! Blessings in your journey toward His plans for you!

Followers