Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I need a break!

I want to take some time and just get away from the realities of the world and just exist without the pressures of life, those that bog you down and make you feel like you are running from one task to another. I nice long, uneventful, relaxing break.

Of course, on my break my son and husband are welcome to join me. Just so long as they expect nothing of me. Correction, just as long as the husband expects nothing of me, as the son is too young to know not to expect anything of me. Okay…. So that is not going to happen, but a girl can dream right?

This is prompted by the fact that at work I have so much to do and not enough time to do it in. I keep looking for the pause button on life, but for whatever reason, it keeps evading me. I do not understand this, I think it is very rude that the remote control of life has disappeared. I would like to know who is hiding it from me? You may return it and I will not be angry, in fact I will be grateful.

On a serious note: oh heck, who wants to be serious. On a more enjoyable note???? Maybe:
Yesterday I was rubbing some stuff on my son’s gums to relieve some of his teething discomfort, and as I was rubbing the top gums, right above the one tooth he already has, he bit down, hard… let me tell you, that boy has good jaws. I said ow, and the poor little guy got so distressed and started the saddest little cry that he only gets when mommy says ow. It is like he is feeling my pain and is sad that he caused it.

Well- I am currently taking a moment at work to write this, and should get back to the pile on my desk, or else I may just as well run and hide as it overtakes my desk. As my friend Jaylene always says: Cheers!

1 comment:

heidi_lynn825 said...

Oh Janet...how sad AND cute that Ronin reacts like that when you are hurt. He seems like such a sweet and tender little guy.

As for needing a break..gurl, I GET IT! Sometimes my mind wanders back to the days when our lives consisted of nothing but Avonlea, Victoria Magazine, Bath Buns, the Beach Boys...and the occasional homework assignment! lol But as we get older, it seems like more and more people come into our lives and need little pieces of us. Usually its great, but sometimes it gets overwhelming.

I'm not sure when it will happen, with both my sisters being new moms right now :-) but we need to plan a Janet, Christie, and Heidi reunion where there is no pressure to do anything but relax and have fun...hey pajamas might even be the dress code!

Followers