Thursday, May 28, 2009

Four years down... many more to go.

Today is my fourth anniversary… four years of marriage to a wonderful, handsome man. The father of my beautiful child… my heart still skips a beat when I think of him… Okay… done with the mushy stuff.

Reflecting back on my life I never thought I would get to this point. I am Happy with my life. I am content with the way things are right now (okay the disastrous kitchen does make a small mark on that contentment, but it is tiny and I am working on letting that go). Just over four years ago I NEVER thought that I would be in this place… Married with a son and a home. I was unaware of what God had for me. But here I am sitting in a room with my wonderful man, just being content. I have my dog at my feet, the baby is sleeping in the next room, and I am writing…. Yes I have found time to write.

Although there are a lot of things I expected of my life, this was not it… I wanted this, but I did not expect it. Contentment. Who would have thought. I have a lot of work to do still on becoming the Godly woman I want to become, but I am going to bask in the beauty of the moment. The beauty that is my life right now… What more could someone ask for in these times. I have security, even if the economy is floundering I have what matters most in the world, my family.

My life has come a long way from the girl who was boy crazy. I would have to say that I am still boy crazy… I am crazy about my boys… The best boys in the world.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope you did something romantic and fun! I like the romantic side of things and Norman likes the fun so we usually go out to dinner and depending where we are we do something fun, too. One year he got me to ride a moped through downtown Victoria. And it was my first time on a moped! YIKES! Another year we rode dune buggies...It gets me to wondering what will be next! I'm so glad you are content...it is so good to get to that place! I remember you being boy crazy! I'm so glad that you are happy....we should get our families together sometime! ttyl-Becky

Followers